Sunday, August 12, 2012

Health 8-12-2012

Time to report in on how things are going. Other than having a nearly perpetual low level headache, the Lyme Disease symptoms have all but vanished. As I type, a gentle throb in the temples reminds me I did not get through the illness unscathed and this may be the new normal.

Today was a tough one due to waking up tired and aching due to the cold, damp weather. I managed to survive driving almost an hour each way (what a horrible detour) and teaching two Sunday school classes. The drive back was tougher and I found myself nodding off several times along the way. I do not advise driving through hairpin turns on a hill in this condition, by the way. So kids, do not try this at home!

Once home, I tried fending off the need to sleep by watching a movie, but kept nodding off on it – which is really bad since it was a subtitled one! The nap that followed was filled with dreams of rain and joint pain. Not exactly the escape I would prefer.

My face feels rubbery, which is usually a sign that I have gone way past my limits. Forget usually, it is always an indicator I have burned up all my energy.

Alright, I have done my duty in recording my health, time to post this.

No comments: