Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Time’s Up, America

With the re-election of Barack Obama to the presidency, there is no chance of turning things around. My analysis of the race turned out to be wrong due to two factors: thinking the 2010 elections indicated a change in the electorate and believing the Democratic Party affiliation sample was overstated dramatically. Well, 2010 appears to have been a temper tantrum rather than a real desire to change course and this is no longer a center-right country, but a left wing nation. Blame will be put on Romney’s campaign, but the reality is that we really are a +6 Democrat country despite what Gallup said.

The gains by the Democrats in the House and Senate show that nationally and the Minnesota state legislature has switched back to the DFL. So much for Minnesota being in play, not to mention many other states so listed. Pot legalization passed in Colorado and Washington, while gay marriage did in Maine. The left now own the country and will continue to do so until the country fails.

The media claim there is no mandate for Obama with this close an election, but I disagree. You will be seeing a lot of executive orders bypassing Congress in the future, for humility is not a trait the President has in any quantity. So, yes, he has a mandate.

In the end, we always end up with the President we deserve as a nation, not what we as individuals may deserve. Things are going to go very badly from here on out, though it was probably unavoidable no matter the outcome of the election.

With that in mind, I call upon all who read this post to come unto Christ, for it is only through him that we can be saved – not by any mortal politician.

Locally, Greg Davids and Jeremy Miller both won with 58% of the vote in a district that went DFL for everything else. Both amendments failed easily as did Quist and Bills.

For me, this is most likely the last hurrah in national and international affairs, since I feel a deep need to get my personal house in order. I’ve been a news junkie for all my adult life and it is time for that to change. Having fought the good fight, I am content with what I have done. Time to focus on the things in my life I can control.

5 comments:

internetbites said...

I have this to say:
http://www.michaelyon-online.com/a-message-from-the-queen.htm

Patrick D. Boone said...

I can only respond thus:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njiUFtrFky8

internetbites said...

In the first place, I believe "thusly" is the more correct form of the word in that particular context. Honestly, if we're to be forced to covert to the Queen's English, we'd bloody well better make a start of it now.
Additionally:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB7f_kZQ9hY

Patrick D. Boone said...

Hmm, I left off the last two letters and I meant to type "this way", not thus. It is a failure of multiple dimensions.

But you committed a greater crime in posting a video containing scenes from Zardoz.

internetbites said...

I love a good banter!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rKYL0tW-Ek