Sunday, July 28, 2013

A Slow But Fast Moving Sunday

Today has not been a good day thank to freakishly cold weather upping my pain and a digestive system that decided to get out of sorts. Sharp changes in temperature and weather fronts in general cause my allergies to flare up too, so it is a multiple pronged attack on my health.

So today there was no going to church to spiritually recharge and that is one sure way to ruin a Sunday for me. Next Sunday better be healthier, I’ve got a class on genealogy starting then that I’ve been looking forward to. Twitchy sinuses and extreme tiredness have shifted my brain into lowest gear which means I’m plodding along dully through whatever I attempt. Even so, it is 3:00 PM and I’m not sure what has happened to the day.

Tomorrow is going to be more of a Monday than usual since it is time to fill out reviews for assistance again. While not as burdensome as forms used to be, every time I do this it reminds me of that I’m not even a fifth of a normal person. Why a fifth? You have to be below 20% of functionality to qualify in the state of Minnesota.

I believe the old phrase “adding insult to injury” applies here.

Meanwhile, I’ve got another movie review to write this week. The old rotation of  Godzilla/Studio Ghibli/Marx Brothers/random has slowed down and will be changing a bit. Godzilla movies already expanded into kaiju flicks and Millennium Actress marks the beginning of my widening the Ghibli focus further to include animated films of all kinds, East and West. So now the Marx Brothers slot in the rotation will become a classics category.

The reason for that is I’ve discovered just how old some of the films I like have become. Black and white films are no longer fifty years ago, but closer to seventy so a lot of color films now count as classics. Anything pre-1975 can be classified as a classic in my opinion.

So next up to review is something falling under classics. Hints include: Technicolor, leeches, and a director looking to regain his reputation after being suspected of un-American leanings.

No comments: