Friday, January 06, 2012

Health 1-6-2012

It has been awhile since I documented my health issues. Once again, my not liking to write about it caused me to stop.

More tired than usual this week, but somewhat functional and have gotten things done like rebuilding the media center PC and setting up the new home entertainment configuration. Been sneezing a bit from allergies (I think all the dust I kicked up got to me) and crossword puzzles have not been going well this week.

Time for some good news. For the first time I can remember, I did not get sick with an upper respiratory infection during or just after visiting my sister and her family in Indiana. According to them, I was more active than they were used to. The H2O2 therapy is what I am crediting for that.  There has been some tightness and “tickle” in the chest, but nothing has come of it. Normally that has gone straight into bronchitis.

The bad news is I need to shed all the weight I probably gained from Chex mix and cookies while there.

I also discovered that keeping the humidity up during the winter has been beneficial, because it was painfully dry in my sister’s house. So the investment in the small humidifier last winter has been a good one.

To combat persistent minor infections on my scalp and elsewhere, I have started using Nizoral shampoo. Time will tell if it helps my deficient immune system fight back. With the internal battle joined by drinking hydrogen peroxide, it is time to hammer and anvil the infections.

No comments: